Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Consistency

Hola! Been a while, huh? I know, I know. This is what I do! I start a blog, I'm consistent for a little while, then BOOM life hits and I forget about my poor blog. Seems I'm always starting it over! But I really don't want to! I want it to become a habit. I want to be consistent. And as the awesome Autumn Calabrese always says...

So I'm determined to be more consistent in life. Consistent with my workouts, consistent with my eating (and not consistently eating junk! Ha!), consistent with my blogging, consistent with my challengers.

CONSISTENT.

Just a word yet it packs in so much and can open up so many doors. Being consistent lost me over 50 pounds. Being consistent helped me run a half marathon. Being consistent in my marriage has made it stronger. Being consistent with my faith draws me closer to God. Being consistent with my rambunctious 3 (almost 4...holy molies!) year old helps keep him in check. Crazy how that one little thing can change so much. 

If you're like me, one mess up and I spiral. One chicken nugget turns into a #10 at McDonalds...and heck, why not throw in the double cheeseburger, extra pickles please?! Oh supersize...sure why not?!

One missed run turns into a week...a couple weeks...a month...

One missed quiet time with God turns into a week...a month...MONTHS...my soul will crave for Him yet I ignore it because it just becomes easier to do.

Am I driving this point home?? Beating a dead horse? Harping on this too much?? You catching my drift?? (See what I did there?!)

Consistency is the key to success. It doesn't matter what your goals are. If you are being consistent with your plan of trying to meet them it will happen. So many times in my challenge groups I hear people getting frustrated with that measly pound they lost and it's been however long. Lots of times this causes people to give up. What does it matter?! I'm not seeing any progress anyway, right?

WRONG!!!!

You may not realize this, but that measly little pound is the catalyst to what is going to happen to your body!! That measly little pound might have resulted in an inch of fat gone from your waist! That measly little pound could mean you can hold a plank for 15 seconds longer than you could when you started! There is so much that pound could mean!! And if you just quit...you'll never know what could have happened! You'll never know what goals you could have crushed!

You'll never know.

So I'm going to challenge you today...right now. Get a piece of paper and a writing utensil (yes, it can be that sparkly gel pen from the nineties you've been holding onto cause let's be real...those things were awesome!)

Got it?! Awesome. Here's what you're gonna do. Pick ONE major goal. Just one. Don't overwhelm yourself. And it HAS to be measurable. Definitive. It could be lose 15 pounds by June 22 (and IF that's the case you should join my T25 challenge group! Email me for info!! victoriasharee@gmail.com!). It could be to hold that plank for 1 full minute (or longer!). It could be to spend 15 min of quiet time with Jesus everyday. It could be to write a book.It could be to knit or crochet a complete afghan by December! (Yes, I can do both of those...they're so relaxing!! Unless my yarn gets all knotted up...you don't want to be around when that happens...you might get stabbed with my knitting needle!)

Write that goal at the top of your paper. Underneath that, write the date you want to meet that goal. Then I want you to set mini goals, as well as deadlines. Make a plan of action. Schedule it into your day. You want to write a book? Awesome...how much time a day (that's right...a day...everyday) will you devote to writing? How many pages of this book will you have written halfway? Who will edit this book for you? WHO WILL HOLD YOU ACCOUNTABLE?!?! And what happens if you don't meet your deadlines? Are you going to give up? Are you going to cry about it and decide "eh, this wasn't for me. Just forget about it. On to the next thing?!" I most certainly hope not! Set a new deadline. Now, don't be lazy or get slack about things. But show yourself grace. Pick yourself up and keep going.

BE CONSISTENT. I promise, results will come.

Deuces.
(Yeah, I'm not giving up on that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment