Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Beachbody Baby!


Hopefully you've had a chance to read my last post about my transformation! (If not, read it here!) Remember I said I didn't do this to inspire anyone? That I did it for myself? Well, here's the crazy thing about when you try to be the best you there is...you DO inspire people. It just happens! And it's amazing!

I shared WHY I started my journey, but I didn't really share how. Well, long story short, I started January of 2013 trying to lose weight. I weighed 178 lbs when I started. I decided to start with just cleaning up my eating using South Beach Diet (phase 1 is brutal!!) and doing some walking/running and workout dvd's (started with Jillian Michael's 30 day shred). There were so many days I wanted to give up. Throw in the towel, go back to my old habits, and just be done.

There are lots of reasons I kept going. I had goals! And I'm not typically a quitter. But when it gets hard, you don't remember those things. Lucky for me, I started my journey with a beachbody coach, who has now become a pretty great friend! She was a huge supporter, motivator, and encourager for me. Every time I wanted to stop, she reminded me why I was doing this. I didn't really know much about beachbody then (except that Shaun T is a trainer for them and I think he's awesome! Hip Hop Abs is where it's at baby!) but I did know that my coach cared about me and would do anything to help me stay on my journey! I'm so incredibly grateful for her! (Love ya Kelly! Y'all go check out her blog too...she'll inspire you as well I'm sure!!)

Doing all of that I lost about 20-25 lbs. It was great! Then I kicked it up a notch and reached out to my brother in law for help (he's a personal trainer) and I'm so thankful he believed in me enough to help! He convinced me I could run a half marathon and trained me through it. I lost another 15 or so pounds!!

It was around that same time, maybe two weeks before my race, I finally decided to try out some beach body programs and Shakeology (I used hip hop abs quite some time ago and loved it!). I joined a beachbody challenge and a 7 day trial of Shakeology. I was hooked. I couldn't believe how great the Shakeo made me feel and how much energy it gave me. Since my training and eating didn't really change and all I added was the Shakeo I can only assume it was that specific product.

I also loved the feel of the challenges, how encouraging everyone was and celebrated each success. I especially loved the accountability. I knew accountability was huge based on the past year and I really wonder what my journey would have looked like if I had started with beach body products and challenge groups.

And this, my friends, brings me to coaching. After such an incredible year, how could I not share everything I've learned?? How could I not help when people ask me for advice? How can I not empathize when I hear other people's stories?? I can't. It's in me. It's not surprising seeing as how I've always been involved with people at some level, whether that's with ministry or teaching or caring for these sweet littles. So I decided to jump in and start coaching. I'll be honest...I was terrified at first. Yes, people asked me for advice. Yes, people saw my pictures, heard my story and wanted encouragement, help, motivation. Them asking and me answering is one thing. But now that I'm putting myself out there, offering this up...who would want to join me in this journey? Who would trust my judgement when I recommend these programs to them? When I post a meal plan for my challengers, will they actually go out and buy the groceries on the list and stick to the plan?? It took me 3 months to get started...THREE MONTHS! I look back and wonder what could have been if I had started when I was planning on it. Where would I be as a coach? Guess what? Doesn't matter. Because I'm doing it now. And I love it!

So let me ask a question. Does any of that last paragraph sound like you? Do you like helping people? Are you motivated, passionate, driven, and super into fitness? Oh yeah, and you'll get paid for doing what you love! I'm really wanting to build my team and I'm looking for 5 people who read this and thought "O.EM.GEE!!! (Cause that's really how everyone says those three letters put together!) This chick is talking about me!! I want that!!" If so, please email me!! victoriasharee@gmail.com Or message me on facebook! I would be thrilled to have you on my team!


Deuces. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment